If you haven’t done your spring cleaning yet, it’s not too late! But I know that cleaning can be a real drag, I mean they don’t call it a chore for no reason! But you will feel super accomplished after it’s done so I have some tips to get it done quickly. This will also be useful if you forgot someone is coming over and you have to do it as quickly as possible lol!
- Okay, first of all, you have to be motivated. If you have someone coming over, you already have the reason, but for those who just want to get your living space, make sure you’re in the zone! For me, I like to play my favorite music or I listen to a book on tape or podcast.
- Ok! Now that you are motivated, you have to declutter first. Grab a trash bag so that you can clear away any receipts or packaging. Do not get distracted and “clean” anything. This is just about gathering trash and putting things in the right place.
- Dust. Don’t start backwards! Once you declutter everything, dust off your countertops and your tables, your tv, your blinds, etc. should be done first! Dusting makes the next step easier…
- Wipe down surfaces with a wet towel.
- Take out the trash.
- Sweep/mop/vacuum at the very end! This (your floors) should be the final step to your cleaning because otherwise, you will be shaking down dust and dirt onto something you already cleaned.
- Clean your cleaning supplies. This means everything from your cleaning cloths, mop, to your duster. Cleaning won’t get easier if you’re cleaning with dirty stuff!
Extra tip: Make sure you clean out your fridge. We all leave leftovers in there for… well, what’s your record? Lol make sure to get rid of these because they could be causing the funky smell in your fridge!
Extra tip 2: Get your family or roommates to chip in! Even if you can’t get them to help you every time, people will be less likely to mess up a place once they know the work it takes to get it clean!
I know cleaning is something that most don’t enjoy! Cleaning becomes such a challenge if you don’t have a plan! Don’t be the person who cleans one room by throwing everything into the next room… You will never finish this way. Hope these tips give some guidance! There’s a method to the madness. These will work if you want to tackle just an individual room or your whole house at once. Now let’s get to it!